Child Care Links

Providing Resources that
Strengthen and Support
Children & their Families

  • Instagram
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • News RSS


Community Service FAQ's

Last Updated: 6/19/2018


What support services does the Child Care Links Community Service Department offer?

Project Specialist

The Child Care Links Project Specialist coordinates group and individual support and trainings for prospective and established Family Home Child Care Providers. This includes questions on becoming licensed and one-on-one program development.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) | 925.249.3923

Training Coordinator

The Child Care Links Training Coordinator hosts up-to-date, developmentally appropriate trainings and workshops for parents/guardians and Child Care Providers. 


Quality Counts Coordinator (QCC)

The Child Care Links Quality Counts Coordinator (QCC) supports Early Care and Education Providers in making programmatic and environmental improvements at their care sites through relationship based support. The QCC also offers professional development counseling and support to both center and family child care providers as well as Early Childhood Education (ECE) students.


Resource and Referral Specialist

The Child Care Links Resource and Referral Specialist provides referrals to parents for local, licensed child care centers and family child care homes. The R&R Specialist can also provide resource referrals in the community to licensed child care providers.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) | Online Referral Form

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) | 925.249.3906

How do I find out about trainings and workshops offered by CCL?

Please visit the Child Care Links calendar and/or sign up for the Child Care Links quarterly newsletter.

Do you host court-approved parenting classes?

No, but we do offer many classes on parenting issues and topics. Please visit the Child Care Links calendar for more information.

How do I get my child assessed?

Contact the Child Care Links Inclusion Coordinator if you have additional questions at 925.417.8733

Child Care Referrals

What is the child care referral service area for Child Care Links?

Child Care Links provides referrals for child care in Dublin, Livermore, Pleasanton and Sunol.

Can I receive referrals online?

Yes, fill out the online referral form, and referrals will be emailed to you within 48 hours.

What does License Exempt Child Care Provider mean?

A License Exempt Provider is a child’s relative or family friend, who may not need a child care license from Community Care Licensing in order to provide child care services. License exempt providers are grandparents, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters or cousins (related by blood).

Can you recommend providers to me?

No. Child Care Links does not make recommendations. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to screen, interview, and select child care which will best suit the needs of their child/children and children.

Do you refer parents to nanny services?

No, Child Care Links refers parents only to licensed Child Care Providers.

Why do I only get a few referrals at a time?

This method allows the parent/guardian to focus their search on a few providers and allow the parent to thoroughly interview the provider and make the best choice for their family and child/children. If the first list of providers does not meet your needs, contact the Child Care Links Resource and Referral Specialist, Gayel Machado, for additional listings at 925.249.3906 .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Who do I call to check the background of a provider?

Call Community Care Licensing at 510.622.2602

or do a facility search online at

Do you provide referrals for before/after school care and school aged care?

Yes, there is a section on the referral form that asks which type of child care you and your child/children require.

Do you provide referrals to transportation services?

No. Some child care providers provide transportation, but we do not refer them specifically. When you call to interview a provider, ask whether or not they provide transportation services, and if they are licensed to do so.

What is Oliver’s Law?

As a parent, you have the right to receive information about any and all substantiated or inconclusive complaints about a Child Care Provider. This information is public, and can be obtained by calling or visiting the Community Care Licensing office or website listed below. To get more information on any child care facility, including details about citations, call the local Regional Office at the main number listed below. The site contains five years’ of information on child care facilities. Visit them in person, to ensure that the facility will be suitable for your child/children and family. State Law requires Licensed Care Facilities to make all licensing reports documenting facility visits or substantiated complaint investigations accessible to the State Department of Social Services, Community Care Licsensing Division. You have legal rights to access any public information from these files. Community Care Licensing 510.622.2602 Facility History 844.538.8766 1515 Clay Street, Suite 1102 Oakland, CA 94612

Current and Prospective Child Care Providers

How do I get licensing forms for my program?

Click here to visit Community Care Licensing’s website. Click on “Forms” for access to the forms you will need for Family Home Child Care or Center-based programs.

Now that I am licensed, how do I grow in skill and knowledge as a provider?

Click here to learn more about upcoming trainings and events. Licensed Family Home Child Care Providers may click here to learn more about the Valley Family Child Care Provider Association. Center-Based directors may contact Laura Reno 925.424.0514 for more information about Directors of the Valley.

How do I get on the Child Care Links provider referral database?

Providers can come into the Pleasanton office with a copy of their current child care license issued by Community Care Licensing and fill out a “Provider Intake form.” This will allow providers to fill in important information regarding their child care center or family day care, and be placed in the Child Care Links system. Once in the system, the provider’s information will be given to parents looking for child care in the Tri-Valley area.

Who do I talk to enhance my child care program?

Call the Child Care Links Project Specialist, Donnamarie Fuller at 925.249.3923 .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

How can I be reimbursed for Health and Safety costs?

Click here for the Health and Safety Reimbursement form. Please read the form carefully to learn more about the conditions of reimbursement. Incomplete forms will be returned.


Keep up to date with the latest child care information by signing up for our newsletter.

Sign Up

On Facebook Facebook